Friday, May 7, 2010

hit me baby one more time

Oh Baby Baby how was I Supposed to know that somthin' wasn't right here! My shift mates
Screamed my name at the top of their lungs.I stood there in the center giving my 101%, My voice were kinda cracking, thank goodness for Eco and the loud Videoke machine to cover my voice's imperfection. I owned the dance floor like a politician doing rounds one angle at a time to have connection with audience.
I know that I surprised them. They never thought that I have that confidence.
"Pero dinala ko sa stage presence upang ma-distract sila sa imperfection ng boses ko". It worked. You just need a bit of charm No matter what you look like and your all set.I was the last contestant. Some candidates were really good, one did an acoustic of "My Immortal" with guitars. One was a choir member who had been in several countries for choir competition. Mugen was there to witness everything.
Before the competition started, us contestants were all panicking because our
song piece were not in the songbook.We didn't expect that we would be using Magic Sing. We assumed that it would be a regular Videoke Machine. Majority of us
were asking each other who had any minus one tape/cd with them. None have.
Most of us didn't have a choice. I was so disappointed.After practicing "I believe I can fly" for a week. What a waste of time. At that moment, I realized that I'm taking the competition too seriously. I just might as well enjoy the moment. Since I already had two glasses of beer, its enough to give me a good start. "Bigla nalang akong tino-pak at napili kong kantahin ang song ni Britney Spears na "Baby one more time". I totally, proudly say that I rocked, Thank goodness someone took a video of that moment. "Those were the only moment in my life that I felt like a star". I am pretty much aware that it would never happen again. I never imagined that I in any way win, The amazing part is, I didn't even practice "Baby one more time" and it was "I believe I can fly" which I practiced for a week. Well I guess thanks for my tenor voice, I can hit such notes. Imagine Baby one more time, Boyzone version, Plus some mumbled words haha! That's how it sounded like. For the sake of being funny, I even changed some of the words, making Hit me baby one more time into Hit me baby several times!They taught it was really funny and there were some laughter recorded in the video.Thanks to my shift-mates for supporting and cheering.

However shallow it may sound. I felt like an American Idol that night.Never did
it crossed my mind that i would ever win. My main concern before the competition
was just simply to sing in tune.

2 comments:

  1. AWWW.

    how i wish i could learn how to sing...

    boyband version of a britney classic? i believe you're way better than boyz avenue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Well lets just say that I really like to sing. Boyz avenue is too good, pang-boyband lang po boses ko hehe : ) Everyone can sing! Practice lang at dapat marunong makinig nang tono hehe : )

    ReplyDelete